View Single Post
julie 11:40 PM 10-17-2013
Huh. Well, I would change my prices. I would remove my discounts altogether for this entitled twit. Say that you have been thinking about it and your regular rate is very fair and within market values and as of (notice date) that will be the rate from now on. No discussion. Just, take it or leave it. You were mistaken to be persuaded into the lower rate and feel now that it has set a poor precedent for bad behavior and further haggling. Then thank him for making the decision so easy for you and say what amount of paid notice is needed if he decides that arrangement won't work for him.

He will probably pull, so if you can't do it financially, I get that. Just stand firm on the discounted rate as everyone else has said. But if you CAN, then yes, I would not let this man treat you like this and finally make sure he has some sort of consequence for his actions. He might treat you badly, but I bet he'll think twice before he messes with the next provider. Finally, give your husband a shake. That is way out of line that he is okay with a grown man bullying you about rates! Doesn't matter if it is a neighbor, friend, or long time client. In fact, that is way harder to stomach. Those people should be supportive and respect you more than the average joe, not trying to take even more advantage of you! No way should you let it go!