View Single Post
Play Care 06:42 AM 10-18-2013
Originally Posted by KDC:
No oil for you!!

I have a set of siblings (DCB- 1st grade & DCG- 4). They come 3 days a week. (T, W&Th). They've been coming for 8 years to my house. I've repeatedly told them I charge for the spot and not the hours. They are a neighbor and we are friends as they have kids the same age as my kids. I didn't have the backbone a few years ago that I have now. So, he would push for sibling discount and I caved. I offered to hold their spots free of charge over the summer even though everyone else signing new contracts needed to pay 2 days tuition to hold. From what I know they are not hurting for $$. This isn't family with hardships by any means. They asked and I caved. I changed.

I quoted the price in July for late August start date. $45 for the full day $35 for Wednesdays (has preschool for 2-1/2 hours, here for 6-1/2). $80/month for their son for before and after school. No issues, received checks monthly I'm going on vacation in November and are not charging so he was figuring out how much to pay me and, Today... October 17th... He feels Wednesdays should be 1/2 price $20-25 since he's also paying for preschool. ??? I'm already discounting $10 more that I normally would. All while I was explaining my prices are fair, Feel free to research prices for my area, he is making faces. I wanted to kick him in the shin. I HATE confrontation. He came at me and I could feel my face getting all red.

My DH says to just let it go, but I feel it necessary to say my prices are set, feel free to put in your 2 weeks if your unhappy. I love this DCG, and it hurts that they would even ask. Im taking it personally, as if they don't value the relationship we've developed over the past 8 years. They also have many *special* requests. Ugh!

Do I say anything? I stood my ground this morning. He just acted sullen and spoiled. WWYD?

I took on a neighbor/friend's daughter a few years ago. I had always though she played nicely with my two kids and it was going to be wonderful. I discounted because she would be very PT. She turned out to be way more work then most of the other kids, and I found out later on she told lies about me (I was mean, didn't treat her well, etc.) The day I told them I wasn't able to take her anymore was the BEST. Of course they tried to say "well we were going to go elsewhere anyway" of course they were
I would either stand your ground or give some excuse to get rid of them.