Thread: Thank You!
View Single Post
Unregistered 10:38 AM 07-14-2016
Hello!

I have been in the childcare field for over 10yrs, but this is my first year being a licensed provider. I found this forum on accident a few weeks ago & I have to say, you ladies have given me so much confidence!

I have a SA that is here for the summer. SA is the first to arrive everyday. Contracted time for drop-off is 8am but since day 1, she's been showing up 10, 15 & even 20min. early! At first when it was 10min early, I didnt really mind. Then one day I was in the bathroom & I heard them come in, I was immediately annoyed bc it was 7:40! I was rushing to finish up when I heard them repeatedly open the door & let it slam shut. (Im assuming they were trying to let me know they were here) It eventually woke the rest of my family up. I have NO CLUE why I chickened out & didnt say anything. Ive worked in a center, home daycare & as a nanny. One of the main reasons I wanted to open my own daycare is because I was tired of being walked on by parents. Yet here I am letting it happen & expecting different results.

I have been reading all of your advice about standing your ground & decided that I was sending out a letter to remind parents of my policy. I even changed my policy from $5 for every 15 min early/late to $1/min. & had them sign/return the paper so I know they read it. I felt super anxious & (this is so lame) even practiced what I would say if DCM decided to say something to me this morning. I am happy to report that she not only showed up at 8:15 but she was very nice & handed me the paper! Im so proud of myself! Thank you ladies for all of your experience & wonderful advice! it has really helped this newbie!!!