View Single Post
Blackcat31 06:26 AM 12-06-2010
Originally Posted by Abigail:
This is good. Do you mind if I use this? It looks like this so far. Normal wear and tear in child care is expected. However, anything your child willfully destroys or damages, you will be responsible for paying to replace or repair the item. If you have any other recommendations please share!
Use away!! I find this statement added to my contract covers alot of ground. During interviews I make a point of covering this subject with parents. In every situation, I use my best judgment. I know the kids I have well enough to know if something was accidnetally broken or broke on purpose. EX: I had one little girl, age 4, who would hide in corners and peel all the stickers off anything that had one....she peeled all the stickers off my Little Tikes kitchen center and her mom spent hours on the internet finding a replacement set (only cost $7) but she invested ALOT of time. Her DD eventually stopped picking and peeling...I'm not sure how mom stopped her, but whatever she did worked...her DD never did it again. Fortunately, I don't have a problem with toys broken on purpose much. (knock on wood)