View Single Post
amberrose3dg 04:53 AM 06-14-2018
Originally Posted by mommyneedsadayoff:
The people doing the biggest diserbic e to children these days are the parents. You can't have the eggs without the chickens, and in many of these cases, including the one you quoted, the chickens are sabotaging the daycare relationship from the very beginning. When you know your child is going to be attending daycare, you have to do your best to set them up for success. We always talk about getting our kids prepared for kindy and sending them off, but what about our infants? We hold them all day, cosleep, never introduce a bottle, keep the environment perfect for baby's liking, ect...then 2 months later we send them to an opposite environment expecting the provider to complete a miracle, with as little stress to the baby as possible.
And when they get frustrated, they are called trash, monsters, "obviously need a new job", ect. I think providers may try too hard to "fix" it and end up resentful of the amount of time and attention one child is needing, so I personally think it is best to part ways or give parents a timeframe to help get baby on board. But, of course, many people work in centers and do not have control of who stays or goes, and in those cases, a needy baby can negatively impact dozens of people.

We also have rule and regulations we have to stick with. Parents can do whatever they want at home. Co-sleep, let them sleep in swings etc.. Then they send them to daycare to expecting the child to just magically lay flat on the back in the crib. I had an infant start with me at 6 months. She had not yet been trained how to take a bottle. Those two weeks of getting her to take a bottle was a nightmare for her and me. I was this close to telling her mom I couldn't keep her. Mom was home on maternity leave and had 6 months to get her trained on the bottle.Let me guess it is my job to do things parents do not want to do!