View Single Post
nannyde 12:59 PM 02-07-2011
Originally Posted by Catherder:
Too funny!!! May have to go that route!!! Grrr...this woman just started off all defensive and demanding and it only got worse from there....seems she called me before and got the same story..... Well, duh, I don't remember my last open slot.

Usually they keep it short and sweet after I tell them that I am full, but this one...wow, what a piece of work.
The fastest way to get them off the phone is to agree with them and thank them. YES you SHOULD give them free day care. YES you do owe them a free chance to get on their feet. Thank you SO much for thinking of me.

I've found that trying to convince them of anything business wise is just a waste of breath. I get this a lot over my rates. When I have people ask for rates and then give them a quote I get "that's rediculous... my mom did day care for YEARS and it doesn't cost that much" or "I can't afford that... nobody pays THAT much".

I always say "yes you are right. It IS rediculously expensive. I know you can get it WAY cheaper somewhere else. I wouldn't pay it either".