View Single Post
Cat Herder 11:26 AM 02-08-2011
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
I've been asked before to provide free daycare because of financial struggles of the family. I don't even give a discount, let alone give free daycare. I've had state paid moms try to stiff me for the co-pay because they "can't afford it". Really? You can't afford to pay the co-pay, but you can afford a mani/pedi and highlights for your hair? Really???

I'm not a bad person just because I'm not willing to give away free daycare. I work hard and I provide excellent care. I think that there are situations where people do have hard luck and I really do feel bad for them, but I'm not willing to compromise my own family's needs just to help out parents who are down on their luck. I don't owe anyone anything except the service that they PAY for.
I fully agree with you. I have given free childcare, but I offered it. They DID NOT ask.

I offered it to a previously enrolled/paying family when DCD was in a freak accident and had a fractured spine/lost an eye; Ironically while doing volunteer work

If I see someone sincerely trying, I will do anything in my power...

But....things caused by their personal life choices??? Eh, not my responsibility....