View Single Post
daycare 12:26 PM 03-22-2011
Originally Posted by Crystal:
I REALLY think that that statement is unfair. I highly doubt that most people enter the world of parentning knowing that they will NEVER have a job change and work hours increased, or commute time increased, etc. Life changes, you assimilate to survive. I think MOST parents would prefer to parent their child and not send them to daycare at all....but the fact of the matter is that parents have to work to feed, shelter and clothe their children and most will do whatever it takes to ensure they can meet those needs...

I have parents who need 11 hours of care. They work and commute. I'm open, so I offer them what they need.
I don't think it’s unfair to state that, I know "life happens" and the tough gets going when the going gets tough. I just don't offer services to those families anymore, as I don't think it is fair to the child.
I do feel that adults should be the one to have to make sacrifices. Why is it necessary for every family to have to keep up with the Jones’s?

I was once a single parent with two kids for a long length of time and I had to do what I had to do to make ends meet. But I did not let that stop me from coaching their soccer teams, spending quality time with them outside of work and so forth. I went without a lot of stuff and lived my life for my children. I could have worked the 45 hour work week plus commute time, as I lived in Orange County and that is commute He!!....

But it was not my children's fault and therefore I gave up everything I could that would help better their lives. I sold my fancy car and bought a used one, I kept healthy so I could wear the same clothes for 10years.. I did everything in my power to make sure that dad and I were the one's raising them. When they were at dad's I worked more hours, worked weekends or odd jobs to make ends meet.

Parents don't stop to think about who is really affected and just except that working 12+ hour days as their way of life.......
I think that it is selfish and sad............ I know that if I could do this with two young kids as a single mom and finishing school at the same time that ANYONE could do it too.

If only parents realized that their kids really only want time with their mom/dad to be held, read to, played with, sang to or just be near them, parents would not be killing themself to work many hours to buy all of the uncessary things...........