View Single Post
Crystal 01:22 PM 03-23-2011
Originally Posted by Zoe:
I totally get people's low opinions of those who are on assistance because of the people who abuse it, but PLEASE don't generalize this to everyone!

My family has had the worst three years where we have not been able to pay our bills. We had to move because we were losing our home. And no, we're NOT low-lifes! We got struck down with the economy and bad timing on the housing market. We're only just now getting back on our feet and I pray to God that that never happens again.

We had to take some assistance to feed our children and darnit, we didn't want to tell anyone because we knew people would judge us and call us "low-lifes" like qualiT just did! Not okay!

Daycare, I don't see how you upset everyone. It seems to me that when these threads get heated, people don't stop to actually read what people are saying, they just go straight to judgment.

I'm not in the greatest mood today, so maybe I'm taking things a little too personally, but when I read statements generalizing people who really need help and heaven forbid, actually accept it, it really makes me mad.
Your case is a prime example of a NEED for assistance. Qualitcare was referring to people who get assistance when they don't NEED it, they just don't TRY to find and keep work. Govt. assistance is made for situations like yours, and I am glad that it was there for your family when you NEEDED it. There is a big difference in someone losing their job and needing a helping hand and someone who just doesn't want to work getting it long-term.