View Single Post
permanentvacation 03:26 PM 05-20-2016
You do know, even though your son likes it there, that there are, I'm sure, many other daycares that he will also like.

There's one daycare provider I know of in my area that has a rule of not allowing anyone to drop off after a certain time or pick up until 5:30. The reason for it is that she has a schedule of daily activities and she got tired of parents interrupting the day and her having to regain control/interest of the children every time a parent showed up during an activity. Now, personally, I would not enroll my child with her simply because I would feel uncomfortable with someone telling me that I CAN NOT go get my child whenever I want. However, as a daycare provider, I fully understand how much of a pain it is to have a parent interrupt an activity. The way I operate is that yes, you can come any time you want to get your child, however, I explain that it does cause a little chaos when we're in the middle of an activity and a parent shows up unexpected, so I ask that you call when you are on your way or let me know ahead of time if you can so I can prepare/pre-plan my activities around your arrival. But, it's not REQUIRED that you notify me, just requested for convenience.

Another thing is that that rule, does go against the daycare law/rule that a parent must have access to their child at all times. I don't know what state you are in, but here, it would be illegal for me to tell a parent that they are not allowed to get their child whenever they want.

The government does pay for some kids hourly and others weekly, but you said you're not on subsidy, so that doesn't apply to you anyway.

The food program requires that a child be in attendance at least 1/2 hour after the ending of each meal we claim. So, if she serves dinner and claims dinner on the food program at 5:00, then she is supposed to have the children that she claims until 5:30. If that's what she's demanding that you must leave your child in her attendance for each day until 5:30, then, I'm sorry, but I'd have to take my child out of her care if she's that worried that SHE gets paid the little chump change for feeding a child dinner!

It's healthier for your child to have more time with his parent(s) than to be in daycare longer than necessary. If she values her little dollar or two for claiming him for a meal more than she values the time he gets to spend with his parent, then she would NOT be allowed to take care of my child!