Thread: Venting Thread
View Single Post
CeriBear 05:20 AM 08-24-2019
Yesterday I had to work in a different classroom because the lead teacher was sick with a stomach bug. Her assistant is not yet certified to be alone or work with one of our new subs so I was transferred to that room. I have not worked in that room before so I told R. that we should follow the same schedule D. does as 2 1/2 to 3 yos need consistency. This worked well for the most part except for the fact that I caught R. playing with her cellphone several times. She did it when I thought I wasn’t watching. When we were getting the kids ready for bed she said she would help the kids potty while I lay out cots and helped them make their beds. Several times I looked over my shoulder and saw her texting or facebooking while a child was sitting on the potty. Earlier in the day I saw her do the same thing while we were on the playground. I questioned this and she told me she was texting D. to let her know how the day was going. I don’t believe her and even so she should have stepped out of the room.