View Single Post
saved4always 09:27 AM 04-04-2012
Originally Posted by Country Kids:
I have to say, that I feel for this mother. I can't imagine living with this for the rest of your life knowing that it could have been prevented. In my eyes that is punishment enough. It wasn't a deliberate act, it was an accident. If she had been a helicopter parent everyone would have come down on her for that also because she would have been to over bearing on her child and never let them explore.

Please don't pass judgement on this mother, we don't even know her. She just lost her precious baby in a terrible accident that she will probably rewind in her mind for a long, long time. Even though we all say we wouldn't do anything like that, other things can happen and then it becomes a reality.
I totally agree. There is nothing that the law could do to this mother that is worse than her losing her baby. Her pain has got to be so all consuming that most of us could never imagine what she is going through. I am sure she is beating herself up and reliving this over and over and over. This is an awful tragedy for this family and it is so easy for everyone on the outside to say this could never happen to them and to judge her as a bad parent. Every parent has had at least one moment where they have not used the best judgement and thier child could have suffered for it. Fortunately, those bad momentary judgments do not usually result in something like this. I, for one, am praying for this family during what is most likely the absolute worst time of thier lives.