View Single Post
Jenniferdawn 05:43 PM 04-04-2012
Oh, reading this whole thing makes my heart break, for the poor mom who will be living her worst nightmare over and over in her head for the rest of her life, and in these responses, those who think she should be treated like a criminal. It truly makes my stomach sick to read the judgement. I understand you are all trying to look out for the child, but most of you on here are mothers (or fathers) too. Can you honestly say you as parents have never sat down to look at a magazine or the computer or whatever and even for just a minute lost track of your toddler?? I know I have. I am human. I make mistakes. We all do. This poor woman made a mistake. A child learns lessons best when they have natural consequences that follow a poor choice. I think adults do too. She has her natural consequences and I wouldn't wish this consequence on my worst enemy. If there is one lesson I hope to impart to my children is its not our place to judge. I've learned this lesson the hard way. Until we have walked in her shoes, I feel we need to be very careful about our opinions.