View Single Post
Little People 11:35 AM 12-29-2010
Originally Posted by Daycare_Mama:
LOL, the putting ourselves on the market had me laughing too! What is wrong with people?!

I see a TON of poor grammar and simple spelling errors in ads too. Those really bug me, especially when they go on and on about all the preschool things they're going to teach kids. And they, themselves, can't spell simple words.

I've seen a few that look like people text the post from their phone, such as..."

"lookin 2 provide childcare in ur home"

One day, I felt compelled to reply to someone's ridiculous posting. It was a woman and her sister who were looking to start daycare for approximately 20 kids total to watch in her APARTMENT. Yes, 20. She was clearly unlicensed and had no intention of becoming licensed. In my state, you can only legally care for one unrelated family. Her ad said that they weren't "open" yet, but looking to start in 2-3 weeks if they could get enough kids. She was posting to see how many people would be interested. Ummmm, zero????

I emailed her and politely told her that she can't care for that many children unlicensed. She emailed me back with at least 20 swear words in it, telling me that I probably was some rich stay at home mom (ha!) who had no idea what it was like to struggle to provide for a family and how dare I try to tell her what she can't do and that she can watch 30 kids if she likes!

Sometimes, I hate the licensing process, but when you run into people like that, it makes you know why it's the way it is!

Some people's children....
20 children??? There is No way one person could watch 20 children!! And in an Apartment!!