View Single Post
misspollywog 04:45 PM 10-20-2011
Obviously I'm new here and, like most newbies, I've been learning a ton. And laughing a ton! You guys are great.

I was thinking of just how valuable this resource is, and wanted to share my top 3 most important things I've learned so far. These are the things that I really, truly, honestly believe are going to help me become the best dcp EVER!

1. Make the dcf's PREPAY for everything! (the obvious benefit here is that it will help establish a good relationship and hopefully protect my reputation in case deadbeats want to try to ruin it! )

2. Protect my family and my dck's at all costs (see my thread about DCM bringing a felon to my home lol ugh) https://www.daycare.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35836

3. Don't underestimate my worth -- price myself according to what I KNOW I deserve, regardless of what ABC Daycare down the street charges. (this one is SO HARD! I don't know why, but it is!)

Of course there are a dozen more lessons I've learned and more I hope to learn. Again, you guys are awesome so THANK YOU!

So does anyone else have things they've learned here that they are ABSOLUTELY, POSITIVELY sure have made them a better dcp?? I'd sure love to hear your "top threes".