View Single Post
nannyde 03:30 PM 03-29-2012
Originally Posted by CheekyChick:
Michael,

Believe me, I have no problem letting things roll off my back. I get on these boards KNOWING that I will not agree with every opinion, nor will everyone agree with me. I was only stating that when I disagreed with a well-known poster – her and her friends jumped on me like gangbusters. Since then, I haven’t felt welcome here.

I’d also like to add, I am not afraid of a little friendly debate, or even a huge debate, but when I am personally attacked for giving MY opinion, I think that’s where the moderators should jump in and not allow the bullying or intimidation.

In closing, I think that giving a differing opinion does not bode well on this forum and I (personally believe) that many posters leave this board, stop posting (and begin lurking), or are simply too afraid to post. I think that is a shame because there is so much to gain by interacting with men and women who work in the same field.

Thank you for listening…
I'm guessing you are talking about me so if not... let me know.

Cheeky are you talking about the sprinkler thread? I've searched my name and your name together in a search (both ways) to see every post where you and I have backquoted each other and I can only find a few that there was any debate????

I reread all the threads today and I can't for the life of me figure out which one you are talking about. I've searched the posts to see "friends" that have jumped on you and I'm not recognizing the opposing posters as my friends. I have three friends on this board.... BlackCat... Cathearder... and WDMMom that I know in real life.

Can you post to me or pm to me the thread you are talking about? I can't fix what I don't understand... and I don't get where in any of the longer debate threads we have been on together where any of my three friends on her gangbusted you.