View Single Post
FrustratedMommy 06:06 PM 04-28-2010
Oh, and the shoe was on the other foot at one point. In the previous daycare a child was biting my daughter. I actually sympathised with the mother since she was horrified and doing everything in her power to stop it, but nothing seemed to work. When my daughter left, I think she was a bit relieved, even though her daughter and my daughter were very close, because that solved the problem. I certainly didn't want that child to be kicked out of the daycare as I understand how difficult it is to find one in the first place. In fact, I was making suggestions to help resolve that situation as well.

We started getting the kids together out of daycare in the hopes that we would actually witness the biting so the mother could discipline on the spot. As with my problem, the mother was not actually there when the biting happened, so it is difficul for her to punish her child. It doesn't have the same effect when you do it hours later. I completely understand how she felt, and I was just happy my daughter was the one being bitten rather than being the one doing the biting since I was not responsible for solving that problem. I was already getting an earful every day due to the fact that my daughter had a less than firm bowel movement. You just feel completely helpless, there is a weight in your chest all the time, I get butterflies in my stomache when I leave work to pick up my kids because I am scared to find out if she slept or not today. I just don't know what to do.