View Single Post
Abigail 08:39 PM 08-13-2010
I personally wouldn't want to have to remember a bag as I'm always out the door last minute. A lot of parents at our daycare center don't even remember to replenish dirty clothes or diapers and today a boy got sent home in girl clothes with no pants. LOL....dc kids had a good laugh and so did I!

I would just make a spot for projects to go home, but why not hang them up for the week and send them home every Friday? You always wonder where the great artwork goes when it leaves your site. I use to housekeep and I had to unpack a 2 and 4 year old's bags from a high-end school in town and she had me toss everything. Sad.

I would only do the bag if you send it home over the weekend. You can put whatever projects you decide to send home if they don't get displayed. You can send home blankets to get washed and brought back on Monday.

As for the daily report sheets, my sister's daycare is the only one I know that does that. It is not a lot of work, but they actually send it home each day on a little slip of paper including what they ate, from when to when they slept, and what times their diapers were checked including when they were dry, wet, or bm. Our daycare center writes what we have for lunch and snack each day on the white board outside the main room's door. It saves a lot of paper and everyone glances at it! We only let them know if something was unusual, if they were crabby, etc at pickup because that is the only time you actually get to communicate the day and in person is better and faster than in a note.

Good luck!