View Single Post
Blackcat31 08:27 PM 09-07-2016
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
I have several cameras in my daycare and they all record. I have three inside the house and three outside. I do not allow the parents access to the cameras on a daily basis, but I do record all activities to cover myself on a business aspect as well as a provider.

While I don't think it's necessary, I had a background in law, and it's just that part of me why I do it. I do feel, however, that it gives the parents a little reassurance knowing that I'm confident enough in what I do and that I'm not afraid of what I do to record the activities and provide them, if requested, to the parents. I recently had a child who I had to terminate from my daycare because of his continued violence toward my kids and the other child here. While I would tell the child's parents of his actions, my concerns, and my efforts at helping this child; the stories were always turned around by the child itself making it sound like it wasn't the child's fault. Upon termination, the parents indicated to me that their child was taken advantage of and my decision for termination was, how would you say, without merit. I then pulled the camera information out and the parents were literally left speechless.

Please don't get me wrong, that's not at all my intent with the cameras, but I think it not only helped me, but hopefully helped the parents understand that "real" issue or problem at hand.

Please note though...cameras are expensive, and the cost for recording can be equally expensive.!.
I have pretty much the same set up.
I have more than 3 inside and more than 3 outside.
I have them basically for the same reason.

I stop at parent access though.

I would NEVER allow parents access to video.

I don't believe they have a right to another child's privacy.
I don't feel parents are qualified to interpret a snippet of footage and acurately understand.

Licensing and/or the law can view footage any time my practices or actions threaten a child's, a familiy's or my own safety.