View Single Post
Blackcat31 01:26 PM 11-09-2016
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
I have a contract with my parents that states "Please provide me with a 2 weeks notice for any vacation you will be taking so I can plan accordingly. Payment will still be due in full in order to hold your child's spot." With that being said, I had a parent inform me that they will be taking 2 week's vacation around Xmas (over a month's notice) and since it's unpaid vacation, they will not be able to pay for daycare those 2 weeks. However.. my contract clearly states that payment is due regardless. She has 2 children in my daycare, and i only have 4 children total... therefore she would be cutting my paycheck in half by not paying.

What's your opinion? Should I stand my ground and tell her payment is required regardless? Or should I give her a deal since she's giving so much notice? Maybe discount the rates? Or completely give her 2 weeks without pay? She's been with me for a year and I love her kids... I'd hate to cause issues... help!
Why are you willing to take a loss in income so she can save money?

Why do you have a policy about paying for vacation days if you are going to allow the parents to decide if they want to pay or not?

You love the kids enough to consider taking a pay loss but the family doesn't love you enough to pay you according to the policies and contract they signed AND agreed upon at enrollment?

I think you are asking the wrong questions and need to answer the ones above before deciding what to do.
Attached: 12472652_10153345283281780_6350786829066811468_n.jpg (98.9 KB)