View Single Post
hwichlaz 07:38 AM 02-14-2018
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
I have a Night Owl system

My cameras have record options so I can set them to continuously record, record only during certain hours/days or record only when motion or activity within the camera view occurs.

The system records directly to a DVR that has storage capabilities but how much or length of time that is savable depends on how many cameras I have recording and resolution/clarity settings etc.

As for storage, the packaging says "User video is never transmitted to our server nor any third party server, EVER. Once setup is complete, your cameras and smartphone operate as peer-to-peer devices.

Night Owl HD App also allows you to easily play back video from multiple cameras in one screen on your smart device. Plus, you have the ability to play back up to 1 year of video footage without ever having to touch the DVR again. Our intuitive app can even store the video or picture directly onto your smart device."
I'd want my inside cameras only on during business hours, but my outside cameras on all of the time. Probably 4 inside and 4 outside.

I'm hoping for about 30 days of storage on the DVR.

Do you think that's possible with that set up?