Thread: Venting Thread
View Single Post
Christian Mother 08:09 PM 11-10-2011
Originally Posted by auntbecca:
My policy states that if they are scheduled for that day and I am open they have to pay for that day unless they give me two weeks notice and then they can use one of their 10 days I give each year for parents to take the kids out for vacation. And her kids are scheduled for Fridays when the holiday falls. I also require them to pay if they take off a sick day. The only time I don't require payment is if I close due. I plan to update my policies and have the parents sign again, but I doubt it will make a difference. I've been trying for 6 months to get one parent to understand I open at 7:15, not 7:07.
Then I would call her and if she doesn't answer advise her per message that per your guys contract that your paid regardless of federal holidays. If she wish's to take a day off it needs to be in writing..and a text message will not be excepted as form of writing. Let her know that she can use 1 of the 10 days you give her as a free holiday if that is how she wishes to use it. Other wise she will still need to pay. As far as opening time lock your door turn the lights out and if someone comes knocking that early don't answer. Not til 7:15am right on the dot. Then turn lights on and unlock your door at 7:15am if you have a parent upset tell them that you do NOT open up til then. If they continue to come early then will not be welcomed in to daycare. If they get upset advise them that if they wish to have a meeting on changing the time to best fit there needs to schedule one with you. Then at that time you can determine if you'd like to open early...but make sure you charge a extra fee for that service. I guarantee that if you put a fee to it that they will not come early or they will wait in their car.