Thread: Mornings
View Single Post
sahm2three 12:09 PM 10-07-2010
Originally Posted by tenderhearts:
I have 2 dck's that arrive at 6:30am and another at 7:15. Do you let them play as they normally would that early or do you require a "quiet" time for a bit? Normally I have "quiet" time which is easy when there is just a baby and one 4 yr old but now that the one comes at 7:15 it's a little harder. I have them sit and wach tv until about 8 OR they can color at the table which that has even been getting too loud so I am debating on not allowing that even until about 7:45ish. If they have quiet time watching tv how much talking do you allow them? It seems every time I say you can talk quietly it gets way too loud, same when I said or you can sit at the table and color or do a puzzle it gets way too loud. Just curious what others do.
During the summer I had a few kids that came early, and I didn't want them waking up my own kids (who wanted to sleep in, heck, it was summer), so I had them play quietly or watch a moving downstairs until breakfast at 7:30, and if my kids were still not up, we went back downstairs. Then babies have morning nap around 8:30, so still some more quiet. Mornings are fairly low key here until about 10 AM. But I am lucky to have a downstairs that is pretty shut off noise wise so the kids can still play and not have to be whispering the entire time.