View Single Post
Snowmom 07:44 AM 08-09-2017
Originally Posted by badger411:
I wish I could be as blase as you all seem to be about getting rid of parents. But I have no wait list, and I am just barely getting by already. I already have 3 spots open and no interest. We are living off of our tax refund right now. When school starts and the kindergarten kids leave, I will have 7 spots open and nobody to fill them. If I didn't have kids on assistance, I would just give up my license and get a full-time job. I take the abuse because otherwise I would be losing my house and my car.
I don't think any of us think that "getting rid of parents" is a desirable business trait or something that we want to do. It is just a necessary evil sometimes.

This IS a tough job. There is always going to be that uncertainty of income or the fear of losing all income at once and it can/does happen. That comes with any self employment though. It's a risk.

With time, comes experience. With experience, comes establishment. The more established you are, the greater the demand for your services.

If you keep working at it, you'll get there. Many of us have or have had second jobs too.
It's been 10 years in daycare for me, and I still work a few weekends here and there for extra income when I'm low.
I get creative in my advertising and I AM CONSTANTLY working at it, even when I'm full.

However, even if I'm super low in enrollment, I still make sure they know I'm the boss. I will never let them call the shots here. Ever. If you let them do it once, it will never stop.