View Single Post
SunflowerMama 09:52 AM 02-08-2018
I've got an almost 4yr old dcg who will go half the day, sometimes more completely non verbal. She'll grunt for things and at friends, point, etc. but will not use her words. She's very impulsive, does not follow directions and has moments of rage, anger, physical aggression toward the other kids and sometimes me but is a very intelligent kid. At home she does the same. Parents are very laissez faire and constantly blame things on her being tired. They never acknowledge areas where she's struggling that I have brought to their attention and always blame things away.

She's quickly being pushed out of the 3/4s peer groups because they get frustrated with her limited communication with them so they just leave her alone and move onto something else which is sad to watch. On days when she's talking, communicating well and using her words she does great but the non-verbal periods are starting to out-number the others.

Advice would be great!! Parents rarely take my advice on anything so it would just be something I could implement here and just share with them.