View Single Post
Persephone 07:49 AM 02-02-2010
Originally Posted by Carole's Daycare:
I have only taken 2 days off besides my Holidays in 8 years. One of those days I was in the Hospital w/ pneumonia. I actually tried to close on a Monday a few weeks ago after my kids had a stomach bug, as I had been cleaning, washing pukey bedding etc and knew/could feel that I was next. Two of my moms showed up anyway- basically saying they couldnt afford to miss etc. I greeted them with my puke bowl in pJ pants- and they acted like nothing was amiss. It's as if they didn't really think I was sick. Of course Tuesday one threw up at the lunch table and mom had to pick up- the week continued w/ the kids , like dominoes getting the bug. The mom who insisted on bringing kids actally griped about having to clean where her daughter puked on her carpet etc- as if I was to blame. From now on, I'm CLOSED and locking the door, not answering if we are really sick. Colds etc I can keep my kids in their rooms, and warn the families- but I changed my contract to say I charge now when I'm closed for illness since so many families have abused the policy and brought sick children, to discourage families from doing that.
I can't believe that they showed up after you told them you were closing!