View Single Post
momofboys 10:08 AM 02-05-2010
Originally Posted by Carole's Daycare:
I have only taken 2 days off besides my Holidays in 8 years. One of those days I was in the Hospital w/ pneumonia. I actually tried to close on a Monday a few weeks ago after my kids had a stomach bug, as I had been cleaning, washing pukey bedding etc and knew/could feel that I was next. Two of my moms showed up anyway- basically saying they couldnt afford to miss etc. I greeted them with my puke bowl in pJ pants- and they acted like nothing was amiss. It's as if they didn't really think I was sick. Of course Tuesday one threw up at the lunch table and mom had to pick up- the week continued w/ the kids , like dominoes getting the bug. The mom who insisted on bringing kids actally griped about having to clean where her daughter puked on her carpet etc- as if I was to blame. From now on, I'm CLOSED and locking the door, not answering if we are really sick. Colds etc I can keep my kids in their rooms, and warn the families- but I changed my contract to say I charge now when I'm closed for illness since so many families have abused the policy and brought sick children, to discourage families from doing that.
Aren't they supposed to have back-up?!?! Insane? I would never take my child into a home where people had recently been ill & the caregiver was ill. I'd like to know what you told them (when you said you needed the day off) & how they responded. Ridiculous! I'm sort of glad the mom got ill too!