View Single Post
Michael 12:22 PM 07-10-2011
Originally Posted by childcarebytori:
Little Diamonds,

I've had great success with my website (www.childcarebytori.com). I first bought my dot com name from GoDaddy and I went on a search to find a website builder that was easy and inexpensive. I am using Wix.com, which is a flash website builder and it is almost too easy to use. I found a template to use, and I just added my information onto the website and it allowed me to use my own dot com name.

I also LOVE that my interested families can email me right from my website. GoDaddy also allowed me to have a business email and I just linked the email to my website and anyone who emails from my website, their email gets sent to my business email. Super easy.

I pay about $13 a month for the website on Wix and I'm very pleased with the price and how professional my website looks.

I highly suggest wix.com for anyone interested in building a website.
Smart to buy "your name" .com (domain name)
Many registrars (where you buy your name) will also allow you something called URL Forward. Once you have your dot com name you point it to your website at weebly.com, wix.com or whatever place it is now. That way you can advertise the name you "own" and it won't matter where your site is. I helped dEHmom do it for her website and domain name.

I've been doing domain names since 1994: http://www.ccin.com/about.html