View Single Post
NiNi.R. 05:48 AM 10-04-2011
Originally Posted by permanentvacation:
Wow! I thought I was the only one who thought NannyD was a snippy know-it-all twit!
Whoa! That seems a little unnecessary! I believe that some of Nan's views would work well in my business...others do not. It's that simple. You take everyone's opinion into consideration and you do what works well for your business.

To the OP. Good for you! I helped a family out once and don't regret it. I had a DCM that went down to PT because she could no longer afford FT. Long story short the place she worked for switched hands and they no longer offered her the pay she was originally getting. Her husband was a farmer and the amount of care she needed fluctuated by season. This was an excellent family of mine. We went into a special agreement and I had a temporary contract for her that was good for 2 months. Every 2 months we would reevaluate. In the contract she only paid by the hour and it also stated that If someone came along that was willing to pay a full time spot she would need to meet a full time payment standard or I would no longer be able to provide care. This went on for almost a year until another great family came along. When she was forced to make the decision she chose to no longer bring her children here.

Anyways the point in this story was just to give you some policies to maybe keep in mind if you decide to write her up a special contract. I know how some pay is better than no pay!