View Single Post
busymommy0420 07:34 PM 01-30-2012
I have been operating Monday-Friday 7:30am-6:00pm solely since I opened. I decided to offer evening and weekend care to help make some extra money but was worried I wouldn't have any takers. I had one DCG Saturday overnight into Sunday last weekend and have a different DCG Friday night this week. I was kind of surprised because the two familes use my daycare fulltime but am grateful for the business. The DCG (3) that slept over last weekend slept from 8:30pm-9:30am here. Daily her parents tell me she is up to 11pm or later, so it made me feel good that she slept well for me. Does anyone else do evening/weekend care? If so what do you charge? I am doing it for an hourly rate with no charge for sleeping hours (8:30pm-8:30am) if overnight care is offered. It is nice because I can claim meals for the children cared for during weekend care including my three!

**We are doing a 550 sq ft addition on our home, so I am trying to save money to help with the costs. (Just paid $600 to the architect.)