View Single Post
Crystal 07:17 AM 03-23-2012
Originally Posted by countrymom:
crystal, I want to point out that what mac said is nothing out of the ordinary on this board. She said she would use a blanket, but there are so many on this board who would use a play pen instead or a highchair so centering her out is kinda mean. I read posts over and over again how kids are even seperated by baby gates for their behavior so thats the same thing too. Also, I think for saftey reasons I would also put him on a blanket to play, because even thou what he is doing may be small stuff, whats not to say that he is escalating to something bigger, like pushing a child down, or trying to rip clothes off a child (my neice did this on tues and I made her go home) I would think the op would like to nip it in the butt before it got out of control and someone got hurt.
what would you do then to help this provider.
hey, I hear ya. I don't agree with any of that either, and typically, if I see someone advising it, I "argue" it. Just as I disagree with putting a kid on a blanket for extended periods I am HIGHLY against playpens, gates, etc.

Children learn absolutely NOTHING from being secluded/excluded/confined. They learn from being a part of the group, and from a consistent and knowledgeable adult guiding them to proper behavior.