View Single Post
JJPlaycare 07:34 AM 09-29-2010
Just talked to the school counselor and she basically told me to keep doing what I am doing, so thank you guys for all of the ideas and encouragement! I told her I got a lot of good ideas and alot of support from my fellow daycare providers from daycare.com a daycare forum I belong too! Props to you guys! LOL She said she agrees that she is saying she is scared of the bus and probably is, but it isn't a question about whether something is going wrong on there, it is more the alone time, time to think and miss her family and she is scared! She said treat it short and simple, acknowledge her feelings and emotions, but treat it buisness like and matter of factly! She basically said to keep the routine going and keep doing what we are doing and she will eventually just adjust and I will probably have to start all over after Christmas break and the baby is born! Hmph knew that would be the case! LOL This might just be a reoccuring thing from school year to school year and there isn't much we can do, but encourage her and be very routine with it! Since she is adjusting at school and we are seeing improvements there we are making progress, just slowly, but that is a GREAT sign that there will be more progress with the rest of the situation!! I don't know it is a tough thing to go through on her, but also on her mama! LOL I am maintaining strong, encouraging and straight forward with her for the better of her, but on the inside I feel a mess! LOL Well thank you guys so, so much I really appreciate it!! You are all wonderful daycare mommies and mommies as well and wonderful friends and supporters and I am so lucky to have found this forum and found all of you, Thank you again!! Sincerely, Megan