View Single Post
Unregistered 08:45 AM 01-17-2012
Can I vent please?

I am so sick of all of these sick kids coming to my house, wiping their noses on my furniture, being whiny, crying, etc etc. Can these parents not look at their kids and see that they are too sick to be here? If your infant has a runny nose, and is coughing, sneezing, and extremely whiny, perhaps you should take your child to the dr. I have sick kid guidelines, but the fever is below 101, and the snot isn't green or yellow, so technically they are allowed to come, but I am so over it. Then they get everyone else, including my own kids sick- is it horrible to sequester a 12 month old who is sick in the greater interest of the group? Ugh!

Maybe I am just mad because today, this one kid came 10 minutes early before 7am, and I had 2 kids just show up without notice (I needed the money so I didnt say anything), and the early kid is clearly sick. I have a headache, and I just plain feel claustrophobic, like im surrounded by germs and illness and whiny kids whose parents dont know them well enough or care enough to take 1 day off of work and nurture their sick child. Are you kidding me people?

What do you guys do when sick kids (who are within the guidelines) come anyway? PS: the reason I think everyone is sick is bc another mom brought her sick kid, took him to the dr, and brought him the next day, even though he was on antibiotics and it hadn't been 24 hors- I didnt know he was on meds or I wouldnt have let him come in- she slipped and told me later. I sent out another copy of my guidelines but who knows if these parents even read it. So mad ugh!