View Single Post
misol 07:27 AM 06-21-2010
Originally Posted by MsKara:
So my daughter is still having diarreah and I kept her away from the kids by bringing in my assistant early. Little daycare boy was said not to have diarreah in the last 24 hours but has two bouts of it after showing up for an hour. Dad asked (nicely at least) if I could keep daycare boy upstairs with my daughter since they most likely have the same thing. I said, as long as mom can come get him asap. It's a double problem since daycare boys butt is red and I don't have any diaper cream to put on it since his parents have never given me any. So mom is eventually on her way and asks me to save his diaper so she can bring it to the doctor. Meanwhile daycare boy has diarreah and it leaks out onto my couch, the porch and my floor. I'm so disgusted I almost throw up myself. It's hard for me to believe he was really diarreah free for 24 hours before coming. On top of that, mom asked where she could go to pour watery diarreah out of diaper and into a cup. I said "your going to do that here??" with suprise of course. You could tell she was visibly upset and said she'd go to her car then to do it. I can't believe anyone would want to work on a diarreah diaper in someone elses house. GROSS!!!

So I have a sibling group of 3 kids left behind with my assistant. The oldest brother (who is 3) says of his little brother (who is 21 months) that he threw up this morning. Now I have NO idea whether or not to call his parents on that one.

Is it horrible to want to close down my daycare. The lack of respect for my home and my property and my policies is sickening.

Also, I wanted to add that I would not keep a sick child with my own child who "likely" has the same thing. There is always a chance that the illnesses are NOT the same.