View Single Post
Play Care 09:20 AM 09-09-2013
Originally Posted by lovemykidstoo:
Cradle2crayons, it was 2 kids of hers and 1 friend that was visiting so the other parent didn't pay. The dcm paid for all 3.

I really don't believe that my daughter is too young to babysit. I really dont' think that you can go by an age per se. She is exctremely advanced for her age and extremely responsible. She has been raised for her entire life with my daycare kids and helps me all the time. You won't find anyone her age with more experience. I don't believe it's fair to pay one age babysitter different from another. My daughter put the younger one down for a nap and played ball with the 2 other ones in the back yard. The lady does not allow the sitter to take the kids off the property, so I know that my daughter didn't do any less than an older sitter. This dcm is just cheaper than hell and took advantage in my opinion. She complains all the time that she has no money and actually just sold their house because they couldn't afford it, but yet takes her 8 yr old son to horse riding lessons once a week at $40 a pop and pays for a weekly house cleaner. So any chance she has to save money she will do it including shorting my daughter. I think that she will be busy from now on.
I think if your daughter is going to babysit in the future she needs to set her rate- just like we wouldn't want parents telling us how much they are going to pay us