View Single Post
QualiTcare 04:37 AM 01-04-2011
Originally Posted by Abigail:
I don't have any CL postings to post for you, but I have a HUGE pet peeve that someone posted earlier. "AS A MOTHER, I KNOW HOW HARD IT IS...." that is my biggest pet peeve and just gets me angry! I'm not a mother, so I'm not included in anything about how hard it is to find good childcare. UGH, stop saying how hard it is and just do it. LOL. Every other one of our CL postings has something along the lines of "I know how difficult it can be to trust someone..." etc. and I just have to close my page. It also drives me nuts how people say they have a degree or will teach and can't spell either. I try my best to spell correctly and always double check when posting an ad for the business.
i know what you mean. you have to remember, a lot of times when someone says they have an "early childhood" degree - it means they have a CDA. there's a big difference between a bachelor's degree and a six week course certificate, but some people don't know better to ask. that's why people who have degrees usually say BS or AS or PhD because they know it DOES make a difference. i'm always skeptical when i see, "i have an early childhood degree." i've seen people with CDAs toss it around too much.

it also happens with nurses all the time. CNAs will say the are nurses, and LPN's will say they are "registered nurses" - which they are a type of nurse, and they are registered - but they are not a RN! it takes more education to be a RN, but some people wouldn't know and it gets manipulated. it just irritates me.