Thread: Venting Thread
View Single Post
Ariana 04:03 PM 11-13-2019
Originally Posted by Araem910:
Recently took on a 5 year old and he seems very hyper, talks nonstop ( no, really, nonstop questions &#128563. His number one agenda is to do whatever it takes to get attention. My question is, is it worth it? Is it worth the stress? Maybe I’m just getting too old to do this anymore? My nerves are shot by the end of the day and I’m not upset with him, just exhausted. He doesn’t talk back and he’s not a threat to other children, just overly hyper and requires nonstop attention.
I had a similar child and it was due to possible ADHD and anxiety. I found directing him to specific activities and having the day planned helped him a lot. I also made a picture schedule. So when he is annoying you just say “ok thank you, now go play with the X” or get him to clean something up and do little jobs. The kid I had LOVED being outside and loved shovelling, so we would go out every day and I gave him shovelling tasks in the winter and digging, planting tasks in the summer. He was like a border collie, he needed to work