View Single Post
daycare 02:50 PM 02-16-2012
Originally Posted by SilverSabre25:
for driving daycare kids?

Just got a quote from Geico and am curious if it's a good amount or not.

If you don't mind sharing...how much do you pay? Where do you get the insurance from?
Well I fought my insurance company on this for 3 months. They tried to tell me that if I drive the daycare kids around that I had to have commercial insurance and in this case if would cost me about $400.00 a month.

I was able to define my transportation needs with them and did not have to purchase commercial ins. I pay about $210.00 a month and this is for 2 vehicles both very new and it is based on a half million dollar policy. We both have outstanding driving records and I also have a limit on how much I can drive the kids around.

BTW commercial ins is defined as needing to transport everyday in order to complete the job in which you are getting paid for. Example. If you advertise that you will drop off and pick up DCKs, then according to my insurance co, Allstate, you would need to have commercial insurance.

In my case, we only travel by car for our wants... Want to go to the library, want to go to the park and etc