View Single Post
Blackcat31 07:12 AM 11-06-2019
Originally Posted by Valerie928:
The parents are not on the same page. They constantly come in at pick up/drop off saying derogatory things about one another.

Example of how they don't listen to me, take me serious, joke around.....yesterday mom picks up, I hand off dcg. Dcg screaming kicking, hitting. Mom plays around with dcg making it all fun about how she is acting out. I tell mom/ try to tell mom about the bad day. Mom says nothing about it, just continues allowing dcg to act out. Mom then tries to tell me something funny dcg did yesterday. Wtf? Like I really care? Today at drop off dad was clearly never told about dcg day yesterday. I say "hope we are going to have a better day" Dad says " Huh? Laughs a bit and says " Now (child's name) we talked about this". He then leaves. So, ya
I would start by listing the biggest issues you are having at daycare first. Once you've established what those issues are, I would type out your expectations on how they are managed/dealt with.

Identify the issue(s).
List your expectations
State your consequence for non-compliance on both DCG's and parent's part.

For example the DCG hitting her mother; I would say something like:

List the behavior [I would list "hitting adults".] at the top.

Then: "This is NOT acceptable and is behavior that leads to other types of physical aggression and disrespect to adults including caregivers, teachers and others in authoritative roles.

This behavior needs to stop. NOW.

As of today during ALL drop offs and pick ups I FULLY expect you, as the parent to take the lead in quashing this issue as you as the parent are her first and most important teacher.

If at any time DCG hits, pushes or is physically aggressive towards the adult picking her up or dropping off, I will ask you to leave immediately with no further conversation or interaction between us. Do NOT allow DCG to hit, kick or act in a physically aggressive way toward ANY adult including you. You can do this by using a firm but clear voice expressing your displeasure in her actions.

I will document and share with you daily any incidences of aggression towards others while she is here. I will redirect DCG from using her hands in any negative way and will remove and/or restrict her access to other children after being reminded more than twice.

Should she be removed from the group more than 3X's in one day I will call for immediate pick up.

My responsibility lies in ensuring all children have a safe and secure environment free from physical violence.

If you are in need of resources and/or any educational materials on how to manage this type of behavior issue with your child, please let me know as I too would like to see this issue addressed and solved as soon as possible.

Please note that if there is no improvement in her behavior by Thanksgiving I will unfortunately need to terminate our child care services agreement."

FWIW~ Personally I would just terminate care and I probably wouldn't even bother with a notice. I'd let parents know I've been having issues (the biggest being their lack of participation in solving this issue) and tell them on Friday you are done.

IF you have serious trouble in your area finding new enrollments, I'd atleast attempt to fix it with the above suggestion.