View Single Post
Blackcat31 08:00 AM 07-25-2016
Originally Posted by debbiedoeszip:
My family and I discussed it all weekend and I'm not going to work through that agency (it's Wee Watch, btw). It's just too intrusive. The smoking thing, the questionnaire for my references (4 references required), and physicals for everyone in the household (not just for me, and I would be happy to oblige). Sorry, but my family has the right to medical privacy, especially when they will have nothing to do with the daycare.

She also had a problem with my mom's stairlift which goes along a wide staircase. She thought that it might make the stairway too narrow and therefore unsafe. I will still be having the fire department come and do an inspection (I will pay fee if there is one) and I will see what they say. My mom only rarely uses the stairlift anyway so we could remove it (and store it in case DH or I need it later). There is also a back entrance (sliding glass doors) that clients could use but I don't want to make them walk all the way to the back on cold or rainy days.

I have a room that I may put a packnplay in for naps if one of the children needs to be away from the others. There is a treadmill in the room. She wants it removed. I can keep it unplugged and store the "key" (it won't work without it) in another room, but I really don't want to move it anywhere. It's big and freaking heavy. I'm not even sure WHERE I would move it to.

Oh, and I'm in the Quinte West area (near Belleville ON).
Message me your contact info...

I found a provider from the other forum that lives near your area. She heads a local FB group and says she maybe able to get word out for you if you are looking for kids...she said she knows many areas close that are in need of good care programs. She also has info on another agency that apparently is much better than Wee Watch. She said they are the worst...

Anyways, if you want to message me your name/contact info I will connect you with her and hopefully she can help you out!