View Single Post
Cat Herder 06:28 AM 12-05-2018
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
I did this for 15 years. I gave 6 hrs free on a satin Dec for parents to shop. We'd play in the snow..make Graham cracker gingerbread houses...pizza..When I started it parents were very grateful...couldn't believe it..what a great gesture. This is the first year I'm NOT doing it. Over that past 5/6 years...it was just another day to dump their kids..and not.have to deal with them. The parents got pushy too..asking for 1/2 earlier...or coming late...I only had 1 family last year say thank you too. It was very hurtful.
I used to do the same. Stopped for the same reasons. I have not had a thank you for gifts in 3 years, now.

I will occasionally offer a PNO for former clients when I am working on a short-term financial goal and my DH is out of town for work. Empty nest makes me pace around a bit, lost, when he is gone. I am still adjusting. The extra funds and seeing my now school-aged former DCK's is pretty fun. Then again, I preferred babysitting to dating or parties (also always turned into babysitting without payment ) back in high school. Kids and animals, ya know.