View Single Post
Angelwings36 07:33 AM 12-17-2012
Originally Posted by bunnyslippers:
Last year, I was hospitalized suddenly for a week, and almost lost my vision completely. I was laying in a hospital bed, texting my dcfs about the situation in a group text. One of the dcms then called me on my cell phone and said, without any hesitation, "Should we be looking for another day care?" I was beyond shocked, and my feelings were incredibly hurt. I thought it was the most insensitive thing ever.

I did not end up going blind, and I kept this family until the end of the year. It did sour my feelings towards them for the rest of the year.

If you truly can't see how to move past the insensitive treatment, you should probably end the working relationship.
I'm glad that someone else understands how I felt in that moment. I know that I can't make my personal problems my families problems but I do expect to be treated in a humane way. If I found out someone else was dealing with a medical condition the first thing that would come out of my mouth is, "I'm sorry you are dealing with all of this." I think it's just appropriate social skills and general respect. I couldn't imagine asking a question that could potentially cause that person more stress during the time they were dealing with whatever it was they were dealing with. To me that is wrong. Dcm knew I would be open again on Monday and payment wouldn't be fixed until January 1st regardless so she had plenty of time later to inquire about the payment. Although dcm's comment is not my only reason for wanting to term it was enough to help me make the final decision that she didn't belong in my program.