View Single Post
wdmmom 01:37 PM 06-21-2011
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
LOL!!! This may be northern MN to you but it is still 3 hours south of me!! It is beautiful on Mille Lacs. We go there often but have a beautiful lake where I live where we keep our houseboat and spend a ton of time there but like I said, Mille Lacs is beautiful. Let's hope the weather cooperates for you because it has been chilly and rainy in MN lately. My sister lives in Shakopee near Valley Fair...super fun place!! I have tons of great memories from childhood and on from there! Mall of America should be fun...I have actually only ventured there twice because super big malls aren't my thing (although the indoor mini golf course is kinda cool...) but I hope you enjoy your vacation.
Thanks Blackcat.

And, believe me, I don't consider it Northern Minnesota but my MIL says it's Northern Minnesota. She's from Crosby and God-forbid you tell her it's NOT Northern Minnesota.

I'm hoping the weather cooperates. I've been watching it daily.

It's a 4 hour drive to the Twin Cities and another 2 to Mille Lacs. Good thing my new van has a DVD player! And, leaving at 5am can't hurt!

My 6 year old talks a million miles a minute. I'm hoping it's too early for her to have her gears rolling and the girls don't fight. The boys are going in a separate vehicle so that should alleviate some of the issues.

I'd love to go farther north tho! I want to see the start of the Mississippi River.