View Single Post
SunshineMama 05:21 AM 10-17-2012
In all fairness to Romney, he wasn't saying that women are in charge of making dinner and taking care of the kids. The point he was trying to make is that there needs to be more flexibility for women in the workplace.

We can all act offended like he isn't giving women equal rights, but let's be real: Women are still the ones who do most of the childcare, housework, cooking, etc for the family. AND women are also working outside of the home.

I think that flexibility is really important in the workplace. The women's movement was supposed to be about choice, and women are ending up shouldering not only the homefront but also the workplace now. I know that if I was able to get a good paying job outside of the home that allowed me to prioritize my family needs, I would not be doing daycare right now.

The Obama campaign is making a huge effort to make Romney look like he doesnt care for womens rights, and that Romney's vision of women is outdated. Romney's state had some of the highest quantity of women in his staff than any other state. He is employing qualified women, AND providing them with flexibility to manage their homes as well. He is realistic about the needs of women in the workplace and on the home front.