Thread: Christmas Gifts
View Single Post
Blackcat31 06:36 AM 12-11-2020
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:
I don't do anything for families. I do one small gift per child, wrapped, to go under their Christmas tree as they leave my house on the last day before the paid holiday closure. I also send home their classroom stocking filled with a few candies and stuffers.

I do have a special "party" snack time with Christmas treats just for the kids during morning snack..
Normally, this is me as well but this year I am doing something a bit different.

We had a daycare kid name exchange. Each kid drew another kids name and brought a gift. So far all but one has brought their gifts. I have a back up plan if the one family that hasn't does forget.

I also bought the kids gifts. Spent about $10-15 each and bought things like art supplies/books and that type of thing.

Each family was asked to bring a dozen cookies or bars to share (exchange) so each family will be going home with a dozen assorted cookies. I live in a smaller community so no worries about home baked items etc. All my families are looking forward to baking with their kids. I have one mom that will bring a package of Oreos. It's been her go-to contribution for 8 years now...lol! She just buys whatever kind matches the current holiday.

This year, I am apparently feeling generous as I bought parent gifts as well. I got each parent a travel mug filled with hot cocoa fixings and a regular coffee cup with a special flavored coffee pack, a small box of assorted chocolates and a candle. I put it all in a gift bag and just labeled it with both parent's names. No idea if mom or dad or both will use the cups but it's all gender neutral so...

I don't always get gifts from the parents but this year they've all been really good (except one) about managing COVID and not being stupid about exposure and all that so I just felt like it was a good way to show my appreciation to them for doing their part. It's one of those things where I feel that giving is something I personally want to do...regardless of the level of gratitude in return. (no expectations = no disappointment )

I am closed Christmas Eve through the New Year (12/24 to 1/4) so on Wednesday 12/23 we will have a lazy PJ day, with movies and pizza, candy and treats, arts/crafts, gift exchange and then "Bye! Get out! Go home! See you you next year!!"