View Single Post
Blackcat31 01:01 PM 05-30-2017
Originally Posted by tenderhearts:
Well since I left a message this morning with no phone call back, I left her an email stating that since they didn't pay and didn't arrive on their scheduled time we had that the opening was no longer available to them as they must have went a different direction.
She emailed me back and claims that she tried calling me to make sure we were on for her start date tomorrow, which she did call but hung up when I answered, then I called her left a message 30 min later.
I am feeling rather uncomfortable maybe they are flaky because I have her email that states she wanted to start her on the 29th but I told her that was Memorial Day and obviously I was closed, she said, oh yes I'm sorry the 30th, we went through how much she would pay for the week.
So I feel like they are trying to pull one, maybe one of them got an extra day off and didn't tell me, but I just feel really uncomfortable with them now.
What would you do????
Hmm, that's a hard one. Do you have other prospects to fill the space? If not and you feel like you are wanting to give this family another shot I would go ahead and do so but with the understanding that you have a trial period (that way you have an out if things start feeling "off" with them) and with the understanding that communication has to be open, honest and within a reasonable time period.

Not being able to reach them would have me concerned but the date/time for start wouldn't really phase me as I just spent the last week thinking the date was X when I was actually off by one. I knew it was Tuesday today but thought it was the 29th today...kwim?

I don't know though....it's got to be your call. If it just feels like a lot of miscommunication, I'd give it a trial at the very least but if it feels wrong all together I'd pass.