View Single Post
Unregistered 11:53 AM 07-26-2011
Sorry, but the daycares in our area don't allow food from home unless it's doctor ordered and then must be accompanied by a note but even then, most food can be accomodated by the daycare anyway. I've never been allowed to drop my kid off with food for breakfast, even though many other parents in my daycare do so regularly and there have been many times I have really needed to bring food with but can't because of the rules because he regularly goofs around at breakfast time and doesn't eat timely. Getting 20-30 minutes to eat is very standard and schools only give 30-40 minutes total, which includes bathroom time, walking to cafeteria, standing in line and getting food and eating it. In our daycare, kids who are established slower eaters get more time to eat but they're also the ones who don't complain about not getting to play right after meal time too. I think it's important for daycares to establish a time limit with kids so they get used to the routine because the preschools in our area model their time frames after the local school system for Kindergarten readiness.