View Single Post
nannyde 03:03 PM 02-11-2012
I don't have any problems with the graduated rate scale. If I had a contracted three p.m departure and they wanted a later departure one day the next week I would just have them pay an extra five dollars per hour on Friday the week before. If they ended up not using it they would not be able to transfer it to another time.

I don't have any issues with people just contracting for the earlier departure and then just scheduling on a day to day basis time after their contracted time. I don't guarantee any scheduled overtime so if they are an early pick up and repeatedly ask for later times then I would make sure I said no a couple of times. If they want a GUARANTEE they get the later departure they have to contract for that time and pay it every week.

I've had a number of folks just contract for the lastest possible departure (not exceeding nine hour days) and then come when they want after nap. This brings me extra money and I get off early some days.

I've had great success with this rate structure. I would love to see it become a standard. It nets early departing kids who get more AWAKE time with their parents every day and a lessening census of kids as the day gets later. We get a lot of stuff done after four thirty because we are down to just a couple of kids.