View Single Post
nannyde 09:09 AM 02-13-2012
Originally Posted by Kim:
I have a family that a parent works 3 full days and 2 half days- M,W,F is a 5:30 pick up and T,Th is a 3:00 pick up. How does it work if a parent has this type of schedule?

Also are the rates for any age or do you charge additional for infants?
All rates the same. No infant rate.

It would be my base rate for the three p.m. departure plus one dollar per every fifteen minutes thereafter for the three days that it's 5:30 p.m.

So if I charged a 100 per week for a three p.m. departure it would be

Tuesday and Thursday would be 20 dollars per day.

Monday Wednesday and Friday would be base rate of 20 per day plus the additional 10 dollars per day for the ten -fifteen minute blocks after three p.m. (I charge one dollar for every fifteen minutes after three p.m. in addition to the base rate. These guys would be using a total of ten fifteen minute blocks in addition to the base rate three times per week.)

So it would be 40 total for Tuesday and Thursday and 30 dollars per day for the Monday ... weds.. and friday

90+40 = 130 per week.

That would be the rate if they didn't go over nine hours. If they went over nine hours it would be an additional four dollars per hour for every hour in addition to the nine hour base rate.

Takes a little bit to figure out but it comes down to a base rate for a nine hour day with the fee increasing a dollar for every fifteen minutes after three p.m. and an additional four dollars an hour if the base rate nine hour day is exceeded.

Like black said... you will find yourself either working less hours or making more money... win win for you.