View Single Post
Blackcat31 09:40 AM 03-25-2015
Originally Posted by AuntTami:
Thanks! DCB1 that comes at 5:45 usually comes in at least half asleep. Idk what would happen if I kept him up but he doesn't have any sleeping problems. He goes right down for nap and gets up at 2:00/2:15 because his mom arrives at 2:30.

DCB2 is the one that I'm having problems with. I just don't know what to do with his schedule. Like I said, mom basically laughed at me when I said I was trying to figure out a schedule for him. He doesn't have a routine at home, so I have no idea what time he even goes to bed.

If he doesn't go back to sleep upon arrival, he's crabby as heck until nap time. And it's hit or miss as to whether he takes a short nap or a long nap. But if he takes a short nap, he's crabby for the rest of the day.

If he DOES go back to sleep, he wakes up in a great mood and is an awesome kid until nap time. He'll nap, again hit or miss on time, but then has a terrible afternoon if he naps short.

I'm at the point of more bad days than good, and am ready to term but can't afford to financially right at this moment. But I'm advertising for the spots since its him and his sister.

So you think I should keep them both up and nap them both for an hour around 8? And then nap time at noon?

I can't really push nap back because DCB1 leaves at 2:30 and he needs at least 2 hours of a nap. If I stop putting him back down when he arrives, he's going to need an even longer nap so I'd have to make naps earlier.... I don't think DCB1 would be an issue if I skipped putting him back to sleep, but he's always still so tired when he arrives.

But i know if I stop putting DCB2 down upon arrival; our mornings will continue to be hell every day.
In reality, DCB1 should be arriving FULLY awake and ready for the day. No matter the time. Buuuuuut if you aren't having issues with him, then I like to go with the whole "if it isn't broke...why fix it?" line of thinking.

For DCB2, I am honestly thinking he is just not a good fit for your program. ESPECIALLY because mom thinks it's funny. THAT alone would have me pretty miffed as a cornerstone of my program is expecting parents to work with me in order to do whats in the best interest of the child.

If DCB2's mom can't start figuring out how to help HER child be successful in your program, perhaps it's time she start looking for a program that allows kids to have zero structure and no rules.

Do NOT allow her to make your day cruddy and as of right now, I see her as the root of these issues.